- High quality, student-centered, interactive learning experiences in online, hybrid, or blended courses.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to learning that help students develop meaningful and relevant connections in their lives.
- Pedagogy which encourages critical and independent thinking and is responsive to a spectrum of learning styles.
- Flexibility in the scheduling of course offerings to meet student needs.
- Up-to-date and accessibility-compliant delivery formats which equip all students to be successful in an ever-changing technological environment. Online and hybrid courses are assessed regularly to ensure accessibility to persons with disabilities.
The United States Department of Education regulation 4 C.F.R.§ 600.9(c) requires each state to apply for and receive authorization to provide online/distance education programs to out-of-state students.
The Department of Education requires all post-secondary educational institutions to be legally authorized to provide post-secondary educational instruction in their states.
SRJC out-of-state policy for online courses
In order to maintain compliance, students living outside of California, based on their mailing address, are prohibited from taking online classes at SRJC.
Incorrect Mailing Address Issue
If the mailing address is incorrect, or if a student has recently moved to the state of California, they can log in to the student portal and update their mailing address. Once the address has been updated to a California address, the student will be able to enroll in online classes at SRJC.